Roasted Beet Salad
Manifest your inner child and get excited about the rich pigment of beets! And better yet, turn your tongue red while knowing you're reaping heaps of health benefits that beets offer us.
Have you ever thought about why beets have that rich magenta color to them? It's because they contain betalains, a natural plant pigment that's fun and contains health benefits such as antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties!
Beets also contain fiber, nitrates, and vitamins / minerals such as B-vitamin, folate, potassium, magnesium, and Vitamin C.
Tip: Place a 1-cup reVessel container filled with dressing in an 8-cup filled with salad. Snap the leakproof lid on and enjoy later!
*Contributed by Mike Perez
- ½ cup roasted beets (2 small) peeled with root and tips trimmed
- 5.5 oz mixed greens
- 2 oz walnuts or pecans
- 3 oz goat cheese
- 4 fl oz white balsamic dressing
- Add mixed greens to an 8-cup reVessel container
- Place ½ diced beets over mixed greens
- Add nuts
- Crumble goat cheese over the salad
- Store dressing in 1-cup reVessel until ready to dress and eat